Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ballet

I was able to go to class last night for the first time in 5 weeks. I had an unfortunate complication that kept me away. We spent our time going over our piece that we will be performing in a recital in May. It's a challenging piece - at best. Lots of difficult poses that makes gravity feel twice as strong. I was very glad that I practiced during my time away from class and didn't totally slack off; I ended up being the only one who had the correct timing and had to go to the front of the class so everyone could follow me. Not trying to brag or anything ... but there are so few times when I feel I'm really good at anything. ^_^

Unfortunately, five weeks off is a life time when it comes to pointe. Everyone else was in tip-top shape and given a tip-top lesson, and there I was, completely bewildered, trying not to break down and cry, in pointe shoes that felt as though I hadn't even broken them in. It's not often anymore that I get so upset during class, I've overcome a lot of my self-consciousness, but pointe is in a league of it's own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.