Sunday, April 15, 2007

Thick

I was sitting in the other room, happily visiting book blogs. I had a stack of my current reads sitting on the piano in the living room. "Look how thick that one is," I hear my aunt say. "Jeez," says my grandma. "I can barely get through the little thin ones."
"Look at that sucker," my aunt marveled.
I smile to myself. They are referring to my biography on Margot Fonteyn and yes, it is quite thick. 580 pages, an inch and a half.
--
It's funny, lately I've been feeling so torn between reading books and book blogs. When I'm blog-hopping I want to be reading, and then when I'm reading I want to be blogging about it.
I love this new discovery of book blogs, I don't know why I never thought to look them up before. Reading is a huge part of my life. Sometimes I get busy and inadvertently "forget" to read for weeks on end. All of a sudden I'll think, "I haven't been reading at all," and I have this urge to find a book and start reading again. Once I start, I realize how imbalanced I've felt without reading. Reading, in a way, keeps me feeling "right". Does anyone else notice this? Anyway, it's nice to find other people who are so into reading. A lot even more than me, but still. With all these intriguing new blogs I'm exploring (oh the trails one can travel, going from link to link to link ... ) I've been using up most of my spare time. Hehee, hopefully I'll calm down pretty soon and things will go back to being more normal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about reading--if I'm not reading for a while, things just aren't right. I'm enjoying reading your blog...love your ballet shoes, the fact that you're reading Anne of Green Gables (timeless!!), that you're interested in knitting and photography, and that you're willing to share all of that with us! Welcome!

Gentle Reader said...

I feel the same way about reading that you and robin do...if I don't read, my life is out of balance!

I'm fairly new to book blogging, but I've found it to be a warm and welcoming world.

I love Anne of Green Gables, too!

Lisa said...

The balance between reading books and reading blogs about books is a hard one to achieve. I still struggle with it.